Pages

Monday, March 2, 2015

Recess Raglan Shirts–in Triplicate.

Ta-Da!
raglan shirt

Look what I’ve made…

stack of shirts



Raglan shirts! Love these things. Of course, I had to make three of them.  I used the pattern from See Kate Sew. I’ve used it a few times in the past.

2015-02-24 14.24.43

And I added kangaroo pockets! Love these things. And my oldest loves a nice kangaroo pocket, too. I used the free kangaroo pocket pattern from Aesthetic Nest.
kangaroo pocket

I found the monster theme knit print at JoAnn fabric (a remnant) awhile back. It was less than a yard. I used old t-shirts for the arms of the two larger shirts and for the body of the smaller shirt! I used a rib knit for the neckbands of all shirts.

raglan shirt toddler

I may have gone overboard adding length to my 5 year-old’s shirt. It may be too long. He likes the monsters, though! 

2015-02-26 08.29.49-2

And the middle firefighter…he wore a fire fighter costume for 10 days straight. Today I got him to wear just the hat so he could show off his new t-shirt.

raglan shirt with kangaroo pocket

I did not try getting all three of them to wear the shirts and be in a picture together. A little too hard right now. And it’s done nothing but snow for a few days months, so we couldn’t get some good outdoor pictures.

Fun additions to their spring wardrobes! Though I’m not sure any of the boys “need” additions to their wardrobes. We have been graciously given many hand-me-downs plus I often find clothes in great shape at secondhand stores. And getting all three of them to wear matching clothing on the same day…forget it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!