Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Snap-Sleeve Blue Shirt

I made myself this shirt over the summer. I had a terrible time getting it photographed and finally had my five-year old take these pictures today.

blue shirt

I made it with the same pattern I used for this shirt and this pink shirt. I did make it with a lower hem in the back (high-low trend) though it isn’t all that dramatic or even very noticeable. I’ll have to re-draw the pattern next time.

2014-10-06 09.05.51

I added some snaps to the sleeves. I just wanted it to have some sort of a “feature”! The snaps don’t really serve a function. And the sleeves are a bit long. I think they’d be more flattering if they were shorter.

2014-10-06 09.06.01-2

I have learned a lot about pattern drafting and garment making these past few months. It is a lot of work to make a well-fitting garment.

The fabric is my most favorite color of blue (same fabric used for this little guy’s hoodie).

I need to get to work on the refashion I promised here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!