Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Knit Baby Bibs

knit bibs (6)

Only about five more weeks until our new baby arrives! I’m excited to meet the baby and find out if it is a boy or a girl. I love not knowing while I’m pregnant, but I’m always excited to find out when the baby arrives!

I made some bibs for this baby because I bought some new clothes for the baby (I have two older boys but most of their clothes will be in the wrong season.) And if it is a girl, she’ll need a lot of new things! So I figure I’d better cover up any cute new outfits with cute bibs.



knit bibs (11)

I used an existing bib to trace a pattern for these bibs and cut two pieces of jersey fabric.
I used jersey ribbing to bind the bibs at the edges. I’m not sure if you’re supposed to stretch the ribbing as you sew or not. I did on one (the pink/orange/green one) and not so much on the gray and white one, but the gray ones seems to lie flatter than the other one.

knit bibs (5)

They’re both cute and will serve the purpose of protecting clothing for awhile from spit up and early solid foods. They’re both made from old t-shirts. I love upcycling. And I love using snaps. They are so much easier than velcro.

knit bibs (8)

I made these other bibs a few weeks ago with bias tape at the edges but they are bigger, more for around a year old baby.

3 comments:

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!