Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

Baby #3: Nursery

My husband said to me this weekend, “You seem to think the baby is coming any day now.”

And yes, I think it is. I am 39 weeks pregnant. I felt that it is reasonable to assume the baby could show up any day.

With that in mind, here is one corner of the baby’s room.

nursery


Go here for my simple quilt tutorial.

I made the flag banner for the wall. I just cut triangles and sewed them with right sides together and then turned them right sides out and pressed them flat. Then I joined them with some handmade bias tape.

The picture was upcycled from a frame a friend gave me. I painted the frame and the mat and then added the elephant.

I ordered the changing pad cover on Etsy and bought crib sheets at Target. I didn’t make everything.
We moved our two ‘older’ boys (ages 2 and 4) into a shared room about two months ago. They seem to not mind (as long as the 2 year-old doesn’t talk too much at night). And the 4 year-old still takes a nap at least some afternoons, and I’ve been pulling the mattress out of this crib and putting it onto the floor for him to nap on. Not sure what the long-term solution for his nap will be. Maybe I’ll put the baby in the pack and play so the oldest can nap on the crib mattress on the floor? I don’t know. It’s going to be an adjustment.

This is probably the most decorating I’ve done for any of the three children we’ve had. With our first, I worked up until the day I had him. With the second, our home was being built, so we lived with my parents until he was two weeks old. So it seemed appropriate to decorate this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!