Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Bunny Applique Shirt


I know we are not all that close to Easter. However, my littlest boy will have a sweet little Easter-theme shirt to wear around this spring. I got this adorable bunny applique pattern from Make it Perfect. The blog’s author has a book and a whole line of patterns. I have not worked much with appliques, but this turned out to be fun.


This was a refashioning project; this yellow polo shirt is on its way to be handed down to our younger son but it had grape juice stains I’ve never been able to remove. I saved it in my refashion stash and hadn't come up with the perfect refashioning project. Until I remembered my Pinterest board called “To Make for Boys”. And the yellow polo shirt just needed a well-placed Easter bunny applique.


Here’s the bunny without any stitching. I cut it out using both woven and knit scraps. I put wonder under on each of the pieces and fused them to each other and then to the shirt. After that, I did the stitching on my machine with a narrow and short zig-zag. boys' shirt with bunny applique (3)

And then I did the hand embroidery. (While watching Alias on Netflix. We’re into that show now since we *finally* finished LOST.) 
boys' shirt with bunny applique (12)

But I really love how it turned out. I am afraid our older son will be sad he can’t wear it anymore because his comfort item, or lovey, whatever you want to call it, is a bunny. bunny shirt (1)

Yay for using up some fabric scraps and working on reducing my pile of clothing to repurpose!

Places I have linked:
Or So She SaysTrain to CrazyTater tots & Jello Merry Messy Life, Sugar Bee CraftsReasons to Skip the Housework,  The 36th Avenue, House of HepworthsSomeday CraftsSouthern Lovely504 Main,Serenity Now,  Fingerprints on the FridgeI heart NapTimeClassy Clutter HoneyBear Lane

1 comment:

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!