Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Zippered Pouches: Using a New Pattern

The school shooting last week was awful. I can't imagine how the families living in the small town in CT are grieving right now. One of my young cousins lost a good friend to cancer last week. He was 13 and had been sick for two years. Sometimes I can't understand why these bad things happen. My husband reads about theology a lot. Both of us believe that God is good, regardless of the evil in the world. As we were talking yesterday, he said a book he's reading now says that since we have free will, there will be evil in the world.

I hope that you have the love of Christ in your heart. That you have the hope of eternal life with Jesus. I couldn't face life's sometimes extreme hills and valleys without placing my eyes on Him and remembering that we live in a fallen world. I am thankful that we can choose to love despite what others may do or say to us.

And sometimes there's just nothing to say that could make the situation better.
-----






My sewing room has been like a zippered pouch factory lately. 


I used this pattern for a few of these cute zippered pouch. I added some scraps, buttons & and ric rac on the front. I made this yellow one (pictured below) for my brother's girlfriend. I used this tutorial for the extra long zipper which helps the pouch open wider. 

This pouch was made as a custom order using the zipper pouch tutorial posted here.  I was asked to make a "patriotic" cosmetic case. I couldn't find any patriotic fabric I liked, so I made my own with a stencil and fabric paint. The ribbon zipper tab is removable. 



I had a tiny 4.5" zipper I took from a pair of pants. I had small scraps of fabric left from these placemats, so I made a little coin purse. 

As you can see, I've got lots of Christmas gifts ready to go!

2 comments:

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!