Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Thrifted & Spray Painted Mirrors

 I got these mirrors at a thrift store. I am not usually one for thrifting. However, I went into the store looking for something specific. I didn't find what I was looking for. But I found these. I knew that with a little paint, they would make a good birthday present for my mom. 

I failed to take a 'before' picture. But I spray-painted these black, so they looked like the went together.

And for a few dollars, I have a pretty cute gift for my mom. 


This picture (below) is not their final resting place. (It's just part of the photo wall I shared a few months back.) I just put them up on existing nails so I could show them to you. But I'm wondering if I should look for some for our home? I think they turned out very nicely. 

I also found some shorts for me, shorts and a plaid shirt for my three-year old. All for $10, including the mirrors. I think I might go back to the thrift store tomorrow!

What are some fun things you've found while thrifting? 

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mirrors! Makes me want to try it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the mirrors! I have always have fun at the thrift stores. Today it has rained so hard, I have not been able to go and I miss it!

    Distressed Donna Down Home

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way cool, I love the way they turned out! Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these. I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this and any other posts. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. It runs from Wednesday to Sundays.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/09/natural-coconut-bubble-bath-and.html
    I hope to see you there. I am your newest follower, and I would love for your to follow me also. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that I'm following you! I've been wanting to paint a couple of mirrors black but I wasn't sure how they would turn out. I love yours! Great job:)

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment! Glad you're enjoying my blog!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for linking up to our Pretty Things Party. Hope to see you back next week!

    ReplyDelete

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!