Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Chalkboard Topped Desk


We've started homeschooling at our house. Our oldest is only three, so it isn't exactly rigorous. I wanted to make him a fun workspace. But I didn't want to spend much money. We decided to start with this desk we've had in our garage for a year. My parents were going to burn it, but I thought we might want it. This is the before:

We decided on a chalkboard top. I had some chalkboard spray paint on hand, so I used it. 


This is how I masked the desk: 


Of course, I had some problem spots to sand and fix. When you paint outside, stuff blows onto your work and gets stuck! Bummer.




Who wouldn't love drawing on a desk?


I really love these little buckets. They are from Target. I would've bought more, but these were the very last two left in the whole store!


11 comments:

  1. i love the modern look of that desk, so super glad you were able to save it from the garbage. what a great idea with the chalkboard top, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great and like a of fun to have too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo how fun ! my kiddies would love this...now need to find me a desk..;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing how much furniture is floating around out there...just start asking, if you let ppl know you're looking for something in particular, they might let you have something for free that they don't want!

      Delete
  4. This looks like fun. Love it! You should come link this up at my blog. Its a craft competition blog and this week is chalkboard paint and projects.
    New challenge every week, new tutorials and new winners!!! It is alot of fun. Come on over. Last day to link up!
    www.thecsiproject.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I love the idea of a chalkboard desk so you can write whatever you want. Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun desk makeover. Any child would love that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks awesome- i am glad you kept the base wood, too- it totally suits it!

    ReplyDelete

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!