Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Shirred Bridal Garter Tutorial

cobalt blue wedding ring bearer pillow and garter (22)
A good friend is getting married in a few weeks. She asked me to make the ring bearer pillow and a few other things for her wedding. I used the extra fabric from the ring bearer pillow to make a garter. I just made up the method. It was pretty easy.
Step 1: Cut the fabric. I cut it about 8” wide (cut it half of the desired finished width) and 2x as long as I wanted it to end up. I cut it to 26” long.
cobalt blue wedding ring bearer pillow and garter (1)
Step 2: Fold it in half and stitch it on one short end and the long end. Leave the other short end open.cobalt blue wedding ring bearer pillow and garter (9)
Press it flat. cobalt blue wedding ring bearer pillow and garter (10)
Step 3: Tuck the raw edges on the open end under and press. cobalt blue wedding ring bearer pillow and garter (11)
Step 4: Match the short edges up and pin  in place. cobalt blue wedding ring bearer pillow and garter (12)
Step 5: Shirr! I started shirring and did one continuous line of stitching. I completed five rows of shirring. (Need help with shirring? Check this post.)cobalt blue wedding ring bearer pillow and garter (13)cobalt blue wedding ring bearer pillow and garter (14)cobalt blue wedding ring bearer pillow and garter (15)

That’s it. Add embellishments if you’d like. I added a taffeta flower. Tutorial found here.
cobalt blue wedding ring bearer pillow and garter (24)cobalt blue wedding ring bearer pillow and garter (16)cobalt blue wedding ring bearer pillow and garter (17)
Easy.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this looks great! My sister is getting married next week, and I don't even think she has thought of a garter yet, I will have to keep this post handy! Also you were chosen to be my blog of the week this week, I am sharing this project tonight at the weekend show off party, and I would love to post your button on my sidebar, email me!

    Carlee
    www.ladybirdln.com

    ReplyDelete

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!