Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Unloading the Dishwasher

Could there be a more boring title for a blog post?

Anyway, just wanted to share some tips I've been using to make the task of unloading the dishwasher go faster. I personally hate this quick chore.

1) Open all your cupboards and drawers in the kitchen and leave them open til you're all done putting away the dishes.

2) When loading the dishwasher, put all the forks in one of the utensil spaces in the utensil caddy. Do the same with the spoons and knives. That way you just take them out and plop them into the drawer. No sorting necessary. (My husband instituted this one in our home.)

Do you have any time-saving tips for doing dishes?

1 comment:

  1. I took all of my plates and bowls and put them in a low cabinet (under the counter). It's my 5 yr old's job now to unload the bottom rack of the dishwasher. It certainly doesn't make the chore any quicker, but if we do a "fire line", it makes it less painful for us both.

    ReplyDelete

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!