Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Little Girl's Skirt

I made this skirt for my cousin who just turned six this week. I have no idea if it will fit! She wears a 6 or 6x, so I tried to make it relying on dimensions I found online.

To make it, I just cut two pieces of fabric in A-line shapes.

Since I don't have a serger, I used the stretch stitch zig-zag stitch to finish all the edges so they won't unravel.

I stitched my elastic casing at the top and then stitched both A-line pieces together.

Note: I should have stitched them together FIRST and then done the elastic casing. Live and learn.
Anyway, the pictures I took are not great, but I didn't have a model for the skirt! You get the idea. I also sent her a headband with taffeta flowers to complete the gift.

2 comments:

  1. I like the fabric! I try to sew for my nieces, but since they're across the country it's really hard to get the size right. Hope it fits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks!!! glad I'm not the only one sewing from a distance for a special child...

    ReplyDelete

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!