Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

DIY Smoothie

I love smoothies. They are really easy to make at home .... To think that fast food places and restaurants charge $3 or more for these when they're so easy to make at home makes me crazy! Also, mine uses all 'real' food, no added sugar (I did add a little honey, see below.)

I've determined the secret to great smoothies made at home without some sort of thick fruit sweetener.


Come closer, I'll tell you...

Frozen bananas.

As long as you've got a frozen banana in your blender for smoothie making, you don't need ice. Here's how I made my smoothie today (it served about two people plus a small child):

2 frozen bananas
(When you freeze bananas, peel them, cut them into a few pieces, and put them in tupperware. They'll turn brown if you don't use them in a few days, but that's ok.
Other fruit, fresh or frozen. Today I used 5 strawberries.
2 T of peanut butter
1 cup plain yogurt (I only use yogurt that doesn't contain sugar)
a shake of cinnamon
1 t honey
1/2 cup milk

I blend it in my Vita-Mix until it is smooth! Yummy.
Satisfied snacker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!